Social Media Claims Investigations
Harnessing the power of social media to identify and resolve suspicious claims.With the rapid growth of social media has come an explosion in new content detailing the daily lives of individuals, many of whom are insurance policyholders. The average social media user creates more than 90 pieces of new content a month and more than 30 billion pieces of content are shared each month across a myriad of sites. The ability to mine and refine this data adds a new tool to the investigator’s arsenal that can detect fraud in a cost-effective and highly efficient manner.
Social Intelligence Claims Verify arms claims adjusters and special investigations personnel with a comprehensive view of claimants that has often been hidden from view. Too often, by the time fraud is discovered, the carrier has already made payments that may never be recovered. Utilizing proprietary web search technology, Social Intelligence Claims Verify uncovers claim-critical, yet publicly available information from a wide variety of social media channels. The resulting custom reports detail only that information found to be relevant and useful to the claim, which can often provide the key to resolving suspicious claims.
Social Intelligence Claims Verify provides investigators with comprehensive and highly focused reports on suspicious claims that traditionally are expensive and time consuming to investigate. Social Intelligence Claims Verify provides customizable, consistent, and rapid response that goes far beyond simple web searches to help investigators reduce both loss adjustment expenses and overall loss costs.
- All the tools necessary for claims fraud screening using publicly available social media sources
- Comprehensive web search technology produces a detailed profile of claimants’ online activity
- Manual, multi-tier analyst review of flagged incidents
- Simple, easy to use browser-based interface with results based on carrier-defined criteria
- Fraud screening search across all lines of business and loss types, or by specific lines and losses
- Shrinks Loss Adjustment Expense(LAE) through cost-effective and efficient investigation methods
- Reduces overall loss costs by detecting fraud before payments are made
- Reveals claim-critical information not typically found through simple web searches
- Specific guidelines ensure maximum respect for claimants’ privacy
- Allows for seamless integration to claims management systems
- Enables both enterprise and ad-hoc claims investigations